Effective Date - June 07, 2023
What We Do
Gandalf is an application that lets people restrict access to existing web content to only those who have a specific token (fungible/non-fungible) or satisfy any other useful criteria related to state on the blockchain. For example, users may be granted access if their address belongs to a whitelist or if they have a Farcaster account.
How We Collect Your Information
- Information you provide us directly or indirectly — When you connect your wallet to Gandalf, we collect your wallet address and ENS, and we ask you to sign a message to prove ownership of the wallet. We do not ask for any other personal information. You can also voluntarily connect other third-party accounts like Google Drive or Typeform. We may use information from those accounts to improve your Gandalf experience. We may also collect information you provide in content you post, publish, submit, upload, transmit, or otherwise make available on the Service, such as webpages or information, photos, images, music, videos, information, comments, questions, messages, works of authorship, and other content or information, as well as associated metadata ("User Content").
- Analytics information — To measure our traffic and usage trends, we may directly collect analytics data or use third-party analytics tools to collect information including the web pages you visit, your browser add-ons, your browser's width and height, and other information that assists us in improving our Service.
- Third Party Information - If you access Gandalf through a third-party connection or log-in, we may receive information from you from the third party. This information may include, but is not limited to, information that you have made public with the third party or have permitted the third party to share with us. We may use this information to suggest additional relevant content to viewers. At any point in time, you may always review or adjust your privacy settings on third-party websites and services before linking or connecting to Gandalf.
- Log file information — When you use Gandalf, our servers automatically record certain log file information. These server logs may include anonymous information such as your web request, landing pages, pages viewed, IP address, browser type and URLs, number of clicks, and how you interact with links on Gandalf and other such information.
- Device Information — We may collect information about your device when you use Gandalf, and this is called a 'device identifier'. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by Gandalf. A device identifier may convey information to us about how you browse and use the Service. Some features of the Service may not function properly if use or availability of device identifiers is impaired or disabled.
- Location data — Location data may convey to us information about how you browse and use Gandalf. When you access Gandalf by or through a mobile device, we may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store "location data," which may include GPS coordinates (e.g., latitude and/or longitude) or similar information regarding the location of your mobile device.
Generally, we use or may use the data collected through cookies, log files, device identifiers, and location data to: (a) remember information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the site; (b) provide custom, personalized content and information, including advertising on other websites or services; (c) provide and monitor the effectiveness of our Service; (d) monitor aggregate metrics such as the total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns; and (e) diagnose or fix technology problems.
Information We Collect and Store
Gandalf is committed to providing you with a personalized experience and may use the information collected to show you content that is relevant and tailored to your needs. We may process or store your information in the United States or any other country where we or our service providers operate. We may also transfer information, including personal information, to affiliated entities or third parties outside of your country or jurisdiction. We take commercially reasonable measures to protect your information, but we cannot guarantee that it will never be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
How Long Do We Keep Your Personal Information
At Gandalf, we will hold your personal information for as long as it is necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected or to comply with applicable legal, regulatory, or internal policy requirements. When we no longer need to use your information and there is no need for us to keep it, we will either remove it from our systems or depersonalize it so that we cannot identify you.
Disclosing Your Personal Information
When you use Gandalf, any information or content that you voluntarily disclose for posting, such as profile information or comments, may become available to other Gandalf users and the public, as controlled by any applicable privacy settings. If you remove information you have posted on Gandalf, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or if other users have copied or saved that information. You may also choose to share your information with friends through emails or various other platforms.
We may disclose your personal information with third parties, including our affiliates, employees, officers, service providers, agents, and subcontractors, as may be reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. We will only share or disclose your personal information on the following conditions:
- Your consent has been obtained;
- For the purpose of providing any of our Services to you, we may share your information with third-party business consultants and service providers. These parties will be given limited access to your information as is reasonably necessary;
- The disclosure is necessary for reasons of public interest and to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues;
- The disclosure is to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request;
- The disclosure is for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims;
- The disclosure is necessary to protect your vital interests or other persons, where you are physically or legally incapable of giving consent;
- In the case of a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, or similar transaction or proceeding that involves the transfer of information described in this Policy, we would share your information with a party involved in such a process.
International Data Transfers
As a global application, Gandalf operates internationally and may transfer information collected from across international borders for processing and storage purposes. However, the information will only be processed as required by law or in accordance with this Policy.
Data Protection Rights and Your Choices Regarding Your Information
At Gandalf, we respect your privacy and provide you with various rights and options regarding your personal information. Subject to applicable laws, you have the right to:
- Request access to any personal information that we have collected and stored.
- Receive information on your personal information that we have collected and stored.
- Object to or request restriction with respect to your personal information.
- Request rectification and modification of your personal information that we have collected and stored. You can also update your information in your profile.
- Request deletion of your data or close your account.
- Object to and request that Gandalf restricts the processing of your information.
Compliance with Google API Services User Data Policy
Changes To This Policy
We reserve the right to update, amend, or change this Policy at any time as required by law or technology. This Policy does not apply to the information we collect by other means and from other sources other than through Gandalf. Any update, modification, or amendment to this Policy will be posted on the Gandalf website with the effective date updated. Your use of our service after those changes become effective means that you accepted the revised Policy.
Links to other websites and services